Play NEZ Hockey
We have very exciting news for the upcoming 2019/2020 Hockey Season.
Within the North East Zone (NEZ); the Eagles and Northstars have agreed to work collaboratively to improve the competitive balance of our teams.
Starting in Peewee; the NEZ, Eagles, and Northstars will host our evaluations starting with the Zone Peewee AA team formation, then continue to form all our teams jointly. We are currently finalizing the details in Novice and Atom and will update as we progress.
All players from the Eagles and Northstars will continue to register with their home club and then will be combined for joint NEZ team formation. The Eagles and Northstars will continue on as sponsor organizations. Further details on the evaluation process will follow.
This is a very exciting initiative allowing the potential for greater development, increased involvement and more competitive balance on our teams within the North East Zone.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Eagles Dylan Thomas: Dylan.Thomas@gov.ab.ca
NEZ Carlos Vieira: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northstars Marvin Heise: email@example.com
Registration for the 2019-20 season is now open.
Use the link below to access the Hockey Canada Online Registration system to register a player.
BANTAM & MIDGET: Only returning NEZ Bantam and Midget players or NEW players that have not registered before with any Hockey Canada organization may use this link to register online. Players that have previously registered elsewhere must first contact the NEZ registrar, Lisa Tellefson (firstname.lastname@example.org), to enact a transfer/release from their previous association. Click (here) for more information on Bantam & Midget registration.
DISCOVERY, JR. TIMBITS AND SR. TIMBITS: (previously Initiation Hockey) for 4, 5 & 6 year olds will register directly with NEZ Hockey via the Hockey Canada OnLine Registration system.
Click (HERE) for more information on Discover, Jr. & Sr. Tim-Bits Hockey
Novice, Atom and Peewee players who have previously registered in the NEZ program with the Braves, Eagles or Northstars must register with them.
Click (here) for links to their websites.
Registration of the player is NOT complete until ALL registration requirements have been met:
- If registering a player for the first time families must take the Hockey Canada Respect In Sport program BEFORE players will be given tryout/evaluation ice times. Respect-In-Sport will need to be taken again if your certificate is older than 5 years. When taking the program please ensure that you specify EACH player that you will be registering and make sure the spelling of their name EXACTLY matches the name they are currently registered by. Failure to do so will prevent that player from showing as having a parent take the course. If registering a player for the first time when you have taken the course for another player you can go to the Respect In Sport website and add that player to your existing Respect In Sport record. More details and links to take the course are available (here).
- For Bantam and Midget registrations a parent must attend an in-person registration date to sign-up for bingo(s) or pay the $200 Bingo Waiver fee when registering online. Requirement for Bantam and Midget parents to attend the in-person registration would not be required if Registration fees and Bingo Waiver fee are both paid for online.
- Family Community League membership must be purchased in advance either online through EFCL or at your home Community League. Every family MUST purchase a Community League membership to participate in the NEZ program. Military families do not require a Community League membership but must provide a photocopy of CRA membership card
- For NEW players: Copy of birth certificate, Alberta Health Care card and proof of residency – a property tax bill or utility bill with parent(s) name and address on it accompanying payment of fees or emailed to email@example.com
2019-2020 Registration Fees
|Birth Year||Category||Registration Fee|
Once registered you will be contacted via email with more information and next steps. Please allow for a couple of weeks for an email response.
For anyone that has already registered on line and needs to pay their fees, provide documentation for 1st year players or for Bantam and Midget players that need to sign up for their commitment the following 2 dates have been set up for you to do so,
- Wednesday, September 4, 2019 6pm-7:30pm
- Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6pm-7:30pm
Both registration are at the NEZ office 7515 Borden Park Road
Please note that you MUST register on line.