Play NEZ Hockey
(Hockey Edmonton Boundaries)
NEZ Hockey Registration for the 2022-2023 season will open by July 1. All registrations will be through the Hockey Canada registration platform Sportle Canada.
All registrations must be ONLINE. You can pay online with a credit card or you can e-transfer the fee to email@example.com. This is an automatic deposit so no question/answer is required. Please be sure to include your players name on the e-transfer. Or you can pay by cash, debit or credit card at an in-person registration.
PLEASE NOTE: All players that did not play with NEZ last season may need to be first transferred to NEZ in order to register. If the player shows as available you can go ahead and register. If you do not show as having an available registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the players’ name and date of birth so that a transfer to NEZ Hockey can be arranged as soon as possible.
The online registration is with Spordle and will require everyone to create an account. Please follow the registration steps below.
- Create a family account at Spordle My Account in the parent’s name. Click here to register!
- Add players/participants/coaches to the parent’s Spordle My Account under the Link a Member section by searching by name and date of birth.
- Once your account is created and members added you can register the player online using the link on the Spordle Dashboard. PLEASE NOTE: If you have not played for NEZ Hockey before or the system advises that there is no registration option for your player, please email email@example.com with your player’s’name and date of birth. If you do not see the NEZ Hockey to register with please see the links below to register.
- If you choose to pay by e-transfer, ensure your payments are sent to the NEZ Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Players will not be eligible to skate until full payment is received.
- Registration is not complete until all required documents and forms above are submitted and payment is received.
All U7, U15 and U18 parents will be required to work one bingo for each player. You can select your bingo date at one of the in-person registration dates. You will be required to leave a $300.00 volunteer deposit cheque dated the day of you bingo. That cheque will be returned to you at your bingo or cashed if you fail to work.
U6 & U5 players will not be required to work a bingo so are not required to attend an in-person registration date unless you want to pay in person.
In person registration dates for 2022-2023 hockey season:
- Thursday, August 11, 2022 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 24, 2022. 5:50 pm to 7:00 pm
CLICK “HERE” FOR THE NEZ HOCKEY REFUND POLICY
Click (HERE) for more information on U7, U6 & U5 Hockey
U9, U11 and U13 players who have previously registered in the NEZ program with the Braves, Eagles or Northstars must register with them. You CANNOT register directly with NEZ.
Click (here) for links to their websites.
Registration of the player is NOT complete until ALL registration requirements have been met:
- If registering a player for the first time families must take the Hockey Canada Respect In Sport program BEFORE players will be given tryout/evaluation ice times. Respect-In-Sport will need to be taken again if your certificate is older than 5 years. When taking the program please ensure that you specify EACH player that you will be registering and make sure the spelling of their name EXACTLY matches the name they are currently registered by. Failure to do so will prevent that player from showing as having a parent take the course. If registering a player for the first time when you have taken the course for another player you can go to the Respect In Sport website and add that player to your existing Respect In Sport record. More details and links to take the course are available (here).
- For U7,U15 & U18 registrations a parent must attend an in-person registration date to sign-up for bingo(s) or pay the $200 Bingo Waiver fee when registering online. Requirement for U7, U15 and U18 parents to attend the in-person registration would not be required if Registration fees and Bingo Waiver fee are both paid for online.
- Family Community League membership must be purchased in advance either online through EFCL or at your home Community League. Every family MUST purchase a Community League membership to participate in the NEZ program. Military families do not require a Community League membership but must provide a photocopy of CRA membership card
- For NEW players: Copy of birth certificate, Alberta Health Care card and proof of residency – a property tax bill or utility bill with parent(s) name and address on it accompanying payment of fees or emailed to email@example.com
2022-2023 Registration Fees
|BIRTH YEAR||CATEGORY||REGISTRATION FEE|
Once registered you will be contacted via email with more information and next steps. Please allow for a couple of weeks for an email response.
For anyone that has already registered on line and needs to pay their fees, provide documentation for 1st year players or for U7, U15 or U18 players that need to sign up for their commitment please attend one of the in-person registration dates shown above.
Registrations will be held at the NEZ office, 12855 – 52 St., Edmonton
Last Scheduled In-Person Registration Date:
- Wednesday, September 7, 2022. 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Please note that you MUST register online.