U18 (Midget) Hockey
U18 Preseason Ice
Below is further instructions which must be followed and information for the NEZ U18 evaluation and team formation phase of the 2020-2021 season
- Players will not be allowed on the ice until registration fees have been paid
- Players will not be allowed on the ice until a parent has completed or re-certified the Respect in Sport parent program. You can login and check to ensure you have a current certificate here: http://www.hockeyedmonton.ca/content/respect-in-sport
- For all preseason skates the NEZ-COVID CHECKLIST MUST be completed and brought with the player to each and every skate. If a player answers yes to any of the questions on the form they must not be brought to the arena and will not be allowed to participate.
- All players must be checked in and have the form completed before entering the dressing room
- Players must be brought to arena already dressed in their hockey equipment
- Equipment bags must not be brought into arena
- Goalies are the exception and will be allowed their bags but should come dressed with as much as they can prior to putting on skates and remaining equipment as required at the arena
- Players should not be brought to the arena until 20 minutes before they are to go on the ice and must exit the dressing room immediately after removing skates/helmets (within 10 minutes). Goalies may undress but must also exit within 10 minutes
- Dressing rooms may not be available (dependent on arena) so skates may need to be put on in lobby.
- Parents may assist players with putting on skates if necessary
- Players must have their water bottles clearly labelled with their name and must be filled before coming to the arena. Nobody else will be allowed to handle a player’s water bottle so ensure they are capable of drinking on their own from the water bottle you provide
- Players will leave arena with equipment on
- Only one parent/guardian per player will be allowed in the arena for each skate time. City of Edmonton may also have restrictions on the number of spectators that could be allowed in the ice area
- Masks must be worn by all parents and coaches (unless they are part of the cohort group) at all times in the arena. Players must wear masks until they go on the ice
- Players and parents are expected to adhere to all Alberta Health (AHS), Hockey Canada (HC), Hockey Alberta (HA) and Hockey Edmonton (HE) return to play expectationsU18 Team formation
- Players have been placed in cohort groups for the purposes of the evaluation skates (listed below)
- Once initial player evaluations are complete the cohort groups will be split into teams of 9-11 players and continue playing/practicing within their respective cohort group
- The teams within each cohort group will play games against each other and practice with each other until the end of October
- Dependent on the hopeful lifting of restrictions by AHS, HC, HA and HE at the end of October “regular” teams of players may be formed and begin to play against other “regular” teams within a structure like that of previous seasons
- More information will be communicated as it is determined what we will be capable of doing as the season progresses
ALL PLAYERS MUST PROVIDE A COMPLETED COVID 19 DAILY CHECK DOCUMENT, AND WILL NOT BE PERMIT TO SKATE WITH IT. THIS FORM MUST BE PROVIDED TO THE CHECK IN TABLE EACH DAY.
FORMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE CHECK IN TABLE.
Only one spectator per family will permitted in the Arena, and no spectators are allowed in the arena lobbies.
- NEZ-COVID CHECKLIST
COHORT group 1 ice
|COHORT group 1|
|LAST NAME||FIRST NAME||POSITION|
|COHORT group 2 ice|
|COHORT group 2|
|LAST NAME||FIRST NAME||POSITION|
View the Midget Handbook 2018-2019U18 B Group