BlastBall is a simple game to introduce 4 & 5 year olds to the sport of baseball. It provides an exciting entry level of play for youngsters who will then move on to play within higher divisions. BlastBall teaches all of the basic fundamentals of the game such as fielding, hitting, catching, throwing and running in a fun and exciting way. The action is continuous and the rules are simple.
- It is fun to play.
- Players hit a soft ball off a tee.
- The one base we use “honks” when you step on it.
- Players learn to associate baseball with fun.
- It is more of an activity than a game.
- Players have instant success.
- No gloves or special equipment are needed.
- It runs within a specific time frame.
- Registration cost of $85.00 is very reasonable.
- All equipment is supplied except pants and footwear.
- Minimal instruction and knowledge is required for the volunteer coach.
Blastball players take the field much like in a regular ball game with the defensive players taking an infield or outfield position. In Blastball, the Blastbase is the only base used and placed at the first base location.
In the game of Blastball, the ball is placed on the tee and the first batter hits the ball and runs to the Blastbase. If the batter reaches the base before a defensive player either catches the ball in the air, or fields the ball and yells BLAST, the batter is safe. If the ball is caught or fielded and BLAST is yelled by the defensive player before the runner gets to the Blastbase, then the runner is out. At the end of each play, the ball is thrown back to the coach or player at home plate. The emphasis is on the play at first and the play at home. You end the half inning by going through the entire batting order.
The appeal of Blastball is the loud honking sound the base makes when the player stomps on it. This sound alone will encourage the players to make plays as a defensive player or run faster as the batter in order to stomp on the base and make the HONK.
In Blastball there is no need for gloves as the Blastball is soft. The softness of the ball will eliminate the fear factor of being hit by the ball.
There will be a maximum of five players on each Blastball team.