High Performance Program
After a very successful inaugural year the High Performance Program (HPP – offseason technical development) will return. The full HPP is geared toward Bantam and Midget players interested in competing for roster spots in AAA/AA in 2019. An intro to HPP option has also been created to Peewee and Mosquito players. Peewee players demonstrating elite ability and commitment level will be considered for the full HPP offering.
NAIT has again partnered to provide an elite strength and conditioning program, professionally planned and executed by NAIT’s varsity strength and conditioning coaches (Peewee and Mosquito athletes taking part in the intro HPP have the option to also participate in an intro to strength and conditioning program with the NAIT trainers).
Various program registration options are available. NEZ players receive a special rate, however, HPP is open to players from across greater Edmonton and space is limited. Note, all players who played for Edmonton Padres teams during the 2018 season are considered to be NEZ players, regardless of their actual home association (example: imports playing for our Edmonton Padres Peewee or Midget AAA teams).
The sport of baseball provides naturally for many life lessons, both on and off the field. This High Performance Program will enhance that by way of incorporating various Life Skills topics throughout the program. This will provide our athletes with a more well-rounded and enlightening experience through presentations, small projects and mentorship from subject matter experts. Topics may include but are not limited to the following:
- Financial Literacy
- Resume Writing
- Public Speaking
- Community Engagement
- Athletic Health & Nutrition
- Sports Psychology & Goal-Setting
- Baseball Theory
- Baseball Video Analysis
Included within Life Skills offerings will be an emphasis on post-secondary prep. In coordination with NAIT Student Recruitment, High Performance Program coaches will facilitate opportunities for our student-athletes to participate in experiences for post-secondary preparation as well as to receive guidance related to post secondary interests (academics and athletics). All HPP athletes will be provided with opportunities to complete the following:
- NAIT Program Previews: introductory and experiential opportunities featuring each School
- Ook for a Day: shadow a current NAIT student for a glimpse of post-secondary life
- General Advising: information related to admissions requirements for postsecondary schools
- Optional College Placement Assistance: connections to baseball programs and assistance in navigating Canadian and US college baseball options and entrance requirements
October 20 – March 2
Questions – contact: John Sutherland | Technical Director | 587-988-4143 | email@example.com
NOTE: additional Technical Programs will be promoted later:
– Winter Camp (runs: January 5 – March 2, promoted: late-October – early-January)
– Pitching Clinics (runs: last half March to first half April Sundays, promoted: February & March)