Edmonton Padres A – AA – AAA Programs
Alternative Summer Baseball Programming for 2020
- Weekday Technical Emails
- Motivation Mondays – inspirational messages from various sources
- Tactical Tuesdays – game situation overviews
- Wellness Wednesdays – various mental health and well-being info
- Technical Thursdays – position-specific technical drills
- Fun Fridays – challenges or competitions to be completed over the weekend
- Padres Virtual Summer Performance Program (June 1 – August 31)
GOAL: provide at-home, structured programming for all interested players to continue baseball development during the suspended season and to properly prepare for a return to play in September (Fall Performance Program / Fall Ball) – TeamSnap groups to be created for communication and TeamGenius evaluations to be created per player for accountability and development tracking.
NOTE: if you registered with NEZ Baseball for the 2020 Baseball Alberta season and chose to leave your registration fee as a credit toward future programming, you may apply that credit to this programming – simply choose the “cash” payment option during online registration and follow-up with an email response to either your registration confirmation email or to email@example.com.
ONLINE REGISTRATION: http://northeastball.rampregistrations.com/
- Option 1 – Full Program (3-month program):
- Intended for rep level players at 11U, 13U, 15U & 18U
- Individualized player development program
- Based on each player’s at-home situation (assistance, equipment, space, etc.)
- Position-specific drills and summer throwing progression
- Weekly practice plans throughout the summer
- Performance program
- Arm care
- Strength and conditioning
- Speed and agility
- Mobility and flexibility
- TeamGenius player development tracking
- Weekday technical emails
- Weekly video analysis
- Player supplied video clips (uploaded to TeamGenius)
- Coach feedback via individual virtual meeting (preferred) or email (backup option)
- Incorporated into following week practice plan
- Weekly group virtual check-ins (groupings by age and/or position)
- Tactical game situation discussions
- General program questions or overviews
- Group well-being engagement
- Individual player development programs and feedback to be provided by:
- John Sutherland, Technical Director
- Patrick Szpak, High Performance Director
- Certified and experienced AAA and AA Coaches
- ONLINE REGISTRATION: $450 in 3 monthly payments of $150
- Option 2 – Month-to-Month (specified month(s) program):
- Same as Option 1 but customized only for the month(s) indicated as available
- Good option (August) for house league players interested in 2020 Fall Performance Program and/or 2021 rep baseball
- ONLINE REGISTRATION: $200 per month
*waiver required – additional monthly cost due to one-off administrative work required
- Option 3 – Self Directed (free program)
- Intended for house league (Rally Cap, 9U, 11U, 13U, 15U, 18U) players
- Based on Edmonton Padres Technical Handbook
- Skill progressions (3 weeks per progression)
- Drills with descriptions and video links
- General arm care and conditioning program
- Weekday technical emails
- EMAIL REGISTRATION: FREE
*waiver required – please register by emailing John Sutherland – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Option 1 – Full Program (3-month program):
- Return to Train
Baseball Alberta is working on a proposal with the other provincial baseball governing bodies and the provincial health authorities to allow for the potential of in-person, sanctioned baseball training opportunities to be available at some point this summer. It is important to note that, at this time, this looks like a camps and clinics type activity, not game play. There are various protocols and requirements to account for shared equipment, social distancing, sanitizing and reporting. Should Baseball Alberta be successful in this proposal, we will have the ability to pivot the above Summer Virtual Performance Program options to in-person training, following all required protocols as directed by Baseball Alberta and in accordance to provincial and local authorities. Our goal is to get back to more normal baseball activities but only when it is deemed safe to do so.
- Return to Play
Planning is well underway for regular Fall Performance Program (18U, 15U, 13U) and Fall Ball (11U) experiences beginning on or after September 1 (9U, Rally Cap & Blastball Fall Ball may be offered depending on interest). We hope that by this time, normal or modified baseball practices and game play will be possible. Again, our goal is to get back to more normal baseball activities but only when it is deemed safe to do so. We will continue to communicate with Baseball Alberta, as this situation remains fluid.
Complete Game Baseball
NEZ Edmonton Padres Baseball
EABA Angels Baseball
High Performance Technical Programs
Community | A | AA | AAA Baseball
NEZ/Padres Baseball is pleased to host AAA performance baseball for 13U, 15U and 18U divisions. The Padres will also host AA Baseball for 11U, 13U, 15U and 18U divisions. All athletes living in the NEZ Baseball boundaries are welcome to attend tryouts. (NEZ is east of St. Albert Trail to the City limits, north of the river to the City limits.
The Edmonton Padres AAA and AA programs are the most competitive of the baseball programs offered by the NEZ, and therefore has the highest level of commitment required from players. The teams represent the NEZ in a league that includes teams from across the province. Rep teams are designed for players with more advanced baseball abilities and a desire to compete at a higher level, among peers and competing teams that will challenge their abilities. In order to support the players in continued skill development and provide an understanding of higher-level competition, the AAA and AA Padres teams receive coaching from a staff of highly experienced, NCCP-certified and technically proficient coaches. The AAA and AA program’s coaches and players are also guided by a Technical Director who works with all competitive and performance teams in player and coach development path.
The AAA and AA Padres teams typically consists of 14-18 players, who are selected by try-outs. In order to ensure the team is fully established in time for the beginning of the season, the try-outs are hosted indoors and commence in early March.
The specific time commitments will vary depending on the coach and Baseball Alberta’s provincial schedule but in general, players and parents can anticipate:
- 2-3 practices per week between April and end of July
- 2-4 games per weekend between May and end of July
- Provincials for Tier 3, 4 and 5 are typically in late July
- Provincials for Tier 1 and 2 are typically the first week of August
EDMONTON PADRES AAA and AA BASEBALL
- Do you like the intensity of competition?
- Do you want to further develop your baseball skills?
- Do you want a longer season to play?
If the answer is “YES”, the Rep Program is for you. It gives players the opportunity to hone their individual and team skills at weekly practices, to demonstrate those skills in competitive games in the surrounding area, and to extend the season through July (and into August at the higher levels).
Rep teams are designed for those player’s with above average ability, commitment and desire to play at higher levels of competition. These levels are identified as Performance (AAA) and Competitive (AA). The major objective will be player development through participation by all players on the team up to Provincial Playoffs and Championships. Teams earning a spot via Provincial Championships also have the opportunity to play in the Western Canadian Championships and National Championships.
Participation on a rep team implies certain commitments on behalf of the player’s and the parent’s. The major commitments are time, travel and financial which also includes fund raising initiatives. Rep teams typically utilize weekdays for practices (2 to 3 per week), exhibition games, etc. and weekends for games and tournaments based on schedule and travel requirements as determined by Baseball Alberta. Some games are scheduled during the week, depending on the distance teams must travel. Teams also play during July and August; the length of time depends on the success of the team as it advances through to Provincial Championships and/or post Provincial Championships. Dedication to a rep team will prove beneficial to the player as a valuable learning experience, failure to fulfill the commitments by the player or parent is denying another player a position on the team and will result in a review of the player’s rep privileges.
Player registration fees cover basic expenses related to Baseball Alberta, insurance, team registration. Additional rep fees are collected by the association through the team budgets once the team rosters are completed to offset various operating expenses related to the facilities and/or team. Teams are required to prepare their own team budgets to cover expenses related to additional association fees, travel, tournaments, additional apparel/equipment, etc. The amount of fundraising activities varies per team and will have a direct impact on the final per player cost to the families.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST BE REGISTERED ONLINE WITH NEZ BASEBALL PRIOR TO ATTENDING TRYOUTS FOR THE EDMONTON PADRES. Click HERE to register.
Each spring, players registered with NEZ Baseball who meet the above mentioned criteria are encouraged to attend the evaluation sessions to try out for positions on the rep teams. The evaluations or “tryouts” are conducted under the direction of the respective NEZ Baseball Director. These evaluations are based upon the player’s age category, direct observation of demonstrated skill, development potential, perceived dedication to the program/coaches and various other factors, this way they are placed at the skill level that is most appropriate for them.
There is a $100.00 non-refundable tryout fee for all players wishing to tryout for 13U AA/AAA, 15U AA/AAA, and 18U AA/AAA. There is no tryout fee for the 11U AA teams. This fee is also waived for any player who was a full time HPP participant in the current program. Please bring payment to first tryout (Cheques payable to NEZ Sports)(Cash, Visa, MasterCard and Debit also accepted)
For more Padre Information: http://edmontonpadres.com
Click HERE for the Edmonton Padres 2020 AA-AAA Tryout Schedule